you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Smooth my nerves, Tag Wanda
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Jul 29 2014, 08:20 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
there's a god above, but all i ever learned from love was how to shoot someone who outdrew you.
Kitty let Nok run off. It was better this way. She was not going to be left behind by here again. She felt the sheer pain prickled into her skin. How could she have done that to her? Kitty breathed out and let the hour pass by as she sat in the sand staring at the waves she should be tackling with Bobby. Oh well, a bad mood was slowly being fade. With forced willpower she stood up and began jogging back to the mansion. The sand shifted under her sneakers and made it hard to run, which caused her to slip off her shoes.

Within a half hour she got the kitchen and looked around. No one was inside for the moment. Perfect. This was what she hoping so that she could the tension headache that had built due to Nok’s personal problems she would never allow herself to be truly aware of. Kitty questioned her loyalty. For someone to that emotionally upset for doing the right thing – it just seemed odd. Would Nok turn? Kitty was not sure. It wasn’t like the rumors of the Scarlet Witch. People wondered if they could trust her but she wasn’t falling to tears over leaving her father.

The scent of coffee soon filled the room. It was scent that rejuvenates the body and mind on its own. The bitter smell made Kitty feel more alive as she picked at a book that was just sitting there. The mind thirsts for understanding she was more than happy to look into things she never had the luxury of knowing. Kitty sat there, listening to sound with hope that enough of a cup would be done soon so that she could have a cup and feel it’s life giving nectar fill her. So what if it was a fake feeling of alertness. It made her happy and it made her feel good. A little caramel would make it perfect. Matter of fact someone did make cinnamon buns with a note that said ‘eat me’ on them. Kitty absent mindedly how small or tall it would make her make.

Kitty soon sat with breakfast in front of her to enjoy. Maybe the day would be better. The homemade cinnamon buns made it all better. It was small memory of her mother and how they would make them on Sunday mornings. A smile curled over her cheek as she dipped into one.

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Jul 29 2014, 11:25 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

I AM STANDING ON THE EDGE
of returning or just running away I am letting myself look the otehr way and the hardest part in all of this is I don't think I know my way back home Is it worth the journey or do I let my heart settle here? skdgnskdndflhkldsfjg

Someone had found her.

Wanda couldn't get the thought out of her head as she hurried back toward the institute, hands tucked into her pockets and head bowed. Her shoulders were hunched forward to shield her face further despite the hood that blocked almost all of her, a few locks falling loose. It had been another night without sleep, though she'd gone upstairs and closed the door behind herself as they all expected. A count to ten had passed before she slipped out the window, having learnt to warp the bars enough to escape, and into the night once more. Except someone had spotted her or at least she thought that's what the pointing finger and whispered conversations meant.

Even as she knew it was the safest place to be, she couldn't bring herself to just stay there and count cracks in the ceiling. It felt too much like hiding, but was it really any different to skulk around the streets or staying walled up in the library? At least she had the cool night air and the darkness, away from the judging and distrustful stares that followed her. Still, she stayed close to the shadows and kept her shoulders hunched, making herself as small and uninteresting as possible to avoid one of her father's spies taking a further interest. If anything, she looked like any other human who only felt safe moving at night.

However, there was only so long she could skulk about before the need for caffeine kicked in and going back was better than entering a cafe. Less chance to be noticed. Less chance of running into someone. Less chance of a panic attack. It was just better to go back and deal with the judgment, though maybe she'd get lucky and everyone would either still be asleep or out; however, she knew her luck was never that good.

Letting herself back into the building, she made a beeline for the kitchen but pulled up short as she spotted someone at the table. Damn. Her feet came to an abrupt stop in the doorway with a squeak that made her cringe, inwardly, knowing it would draw attention to her. A glance went over the younger girl whose name escaped her, though she vaguely remembered she could move through walls. The knowledge didn't help her come up with a name.

As much as she thought about saying something, Wanda came up with nothing so she simply crossed the kitchen to the coffee pot, pausing to put her sketchbook down. A mug was snagged before she poured some of the leftovers into it, glancing at the cinnamon rolls as her stomach growled, though she made no attempt to touch them and instead sipped her coffee.

An occasional glance went toward the girl at the table, but her mouth didn't open while she continued to focus on a spot high on the wall. A randomly picked spot that held nothing interesting but it kept her from seeing the judgment or the condemnation that was always there.

pm
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Jul 31 2014, 09:46 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
there's a god above, but all i ever learned from love was how to shoot someone who outdrew you.
Her nose was seriously in that book. Her cup of coffee sat next to her cooling. Thirst for what the book had was far more important than any cup of coffee. If anything it could be heated at later. Words, the smell of ink, the book was newer. The scent was intoxicating. Something she had missed living in the morlock tunnels. It didn’t matter what she read now as long as it was something to read. Understanding for people that didn’t like the read was slim with her. To be honest, there was knowledge that Wanda never walked in and poured herself a cup of coffee. Kitty’s mind was swirled with images made to romance the reader and make them fall in love a dozen times.

At last, Kitty looked up to see the girl standing there. It was the one the other’s whispered about. Well, she didn’t know anything bad to her so, yeah. There whispers didn’t matter much. If Nok saw this it was create a fight between them and rip their damaged friendship even further. Oh well, “Good morning. I didn’t see you come in. I’m sorry for that.” She greeted as she closed the book. “We haven’t had the chance to meet. I’m Kitty.” Kitty put her hand out and gave the girl a smile. Kitty focused on the wall where Wanda had been looking. “Does it talk back?” Alright, it was more of a possibility when you are actually living with mutants. Strange things just happen.

Kitty stood straight up. Part of her wanted to blurt out questions to her. Mostly like, ‘why?’ The reasons had to be different from Nok’s. She contained herself. It just wasn’t that many mutants left Magneto. They had received freedom and political voice, if you call it that. Kitty didn’t want to think about negative things right now. Her morning run turned into a pms fit of sorts. There was nothing she could about the way Nok made her feel and that feeling was angry. “Try a cinnamon roll. They are wonderful. They were still warm and gooey when I came in,” Kitty offered.

The poor thing looked as if no one paid her a kind word in her life. Wanda was a pretty woman. Young features hide her age and her hair was in one of the cutest cuts she had seen in a long time. “Come sit with me. I don’t bite.”

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Aug 1 2014, 08:03 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

of returning or just running away I am letting myself look the otehr way and the hardest part in all of this is I don't think I know my way back home Is it worth the journey or do I let my heart settle here? skdgnskdndflhkldsfjg

The lack of attention to her arrival confused Wanda for a minute, though she decided not to question the other woman and sipped her coffee in silence. It was an almost pleasant change to enter a room without someone glaring at her or whispering or leaving the room or something equally unwelcoming. For all the attention the younger girl paid, she might have honestly been invisible, though she wasn't betting on a second mutation manifesting that granted her occasional invisibility. No, the book was simply more interesting which was perfectly fine with her since she wasn't big on conversation.

And then the bookworm spoke.

Her coffee was halfway to her mouth for the next drink when the book was closed and she was spoken to as one might greet a friend. Without realizing it, she froze up, elbows locking as her eyes slowly drifted away from the random spot. It took her a moment to register Kitty's greeting, though she made no attempt to remove her hands from the mug or complete the handshake as she replied, "Wanda, and no, not so far but it's still early." A small hint of a smile stretched across her lips before it was hidden quickly behind a drink. The joke somehow felt wrong and yet some part of her liked the warmth and openness of the girl before her. Something so different from the world she'd gotten used to and felt was her only option. Something almost innocent.

It was that warmth that had her finally reaching out to the plate. Closing her fingers around one of the remaining cinnamon rolls, she pulled it free and placed it on a small plate, releasing her death grip on the mug. Her body felt stiff and robotic from her abrupt tension earlier, though she forced her feet to move over to the table then somehow talked herself into sitting. Even talked herself into pushing back the hood all the way so that it fell against her back, providing the first clear look at her face.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" The question was asked, quietly as she picked at the cinnamon roll, tearing it into small chunks. A piece was occasionally eaten before she added, "If you did, you wouldn't be inviting me to sit. You'd be running like hell in the opposite direction."

pm
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Aug 4 2014, 12:26 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
Kitty gave Nok a chance and she left her to an unsure future. Wanda made her mistakes and deserved a chance. Kitty didn’t understand second chances as well as most people. You just didn’t screw up in front of the Morlock people. Each one depended on you with their lives. Kitty learned little of actual field work but that was what the X-Men were for. Wanda never did her a lick of wrong in her eyes. It wasn’t the reason why she ended up in those tunnels. She wasn’t even sure who made that first move. To be honest she didn’t care. Wanda had a clean slate with her that was all that mattered.

The rolls were still smelled like heaven. A moment of peace in a horrible world that she was fated to live in was something to be enjoyed. The thought made her fiddle with her Star of David. Its cause was to make her remember where she was from. It was link to her roots, her parents, something no one could take away from her. To her it was comfort thing. Something that could relax her but Wanda was not one to make her uneasy. Not yet at least. Kitty took a sip of her coffee and set it down. There was not a lot to think about in this world. Nothing would bring them into the coffins they were currently digging their own holes for. To have one friend can make the difference between life and death.

It appeared that Kitty broke into her shell a little. The little bit of openness went along way. She took a roll and spoke. “I’m aware but you never hurt me. Why should I be afraid,” Kitty asked. “Plus, if you tried something all I would have to do is scream and half the team would be in here in seconds. They say were are smart and a smart woman wouldn’t hurt me in the middle of the headquarters.” A smile curled on her features. She knew it would be true but would have the chance to scream or bravery to do so? So many questions that never need to be answered float in her head.

notes | words | tag |

pm   mail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 08:13 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

Why was she so quiet?

It was on the tip of Wanda's tongue to ask, but she forced herself to stay quiet, tearing the cinnamon roll into smaller pieces. An occasional pause was taken to eat one, though she tried to distract herself by thinking about what little she knew about the girl opposite her. Could move through walls. Somewhat new to the X-Men, maybe not as new as her but not one of the long-term members who'd been such a pain in her ass. Apparently didn't have a good sense for self-preservation. Woke up too early in the morning. Even she'd admit the list was useless but at least it was something to identify the girl.

Following Kitty's lead, she took a drink from her own coffee then just held the mug, twisting it between her hands. It was better than shredding the cinnamon roll smaller so she stuck with it, though the next words out of the younger mutant's mouth surprised her. Particularly it was the lack of fear or loathing that surprised her, but she couldn't help wondering if the bravado was false like so many of the young mutants who'd started at Magneto's School only to realize they weren't nearly so bulletproof or special.

An almost predatory smile crossed the witch's face as she remarked, "What makes you think I need seconds? You do realize you're speaking with an omega-level mutant, right? In the time it takes for them to arrive, you could be dead or erased from existence completely." The words were delivered with a cold finality, wanting to test this young mutant who offered companionship. It wasn't an easy road to be near the Scarlet Witch and yet she hadn't run screaming. Yet.

Despite her cold words, it wasn't lost on Wanda that she'd been deemed a smart woman. It wasn't exactly news, though. Only an idiot or those in denial would deny her genius. Plucking a piece of cinnamon roll from the plate, she paused with it halfway to her mouth. "You are definitely right about I wouldn't do it here. Too many witnesses." The bite was popped into her mouth and chewed. "But we haven't been on a mission together so who knows? Perhaps I'm just biding my time." It was all a scare tactic but her expression made her appear deadly serious because honestly, what good would it do for Kitty to spend time with someone like her? It would only kill that innocence she still possessed quicker.

pm
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Aug 12 2014, 09:23 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
In the world of birth with more IQ points than most people, gave Kitty a more curious personality. That curious manner is known to kill kittens were they stood but everything is a question that needs to be answered. A brow raised as Kitty touched her roll. The stickiness of the icing and smells of cinnamon delighted her senses. Wanda followed her lead and being to eat the food left for them. Kitty wondered if maybe coming out of the shadows would help a woman like her. To be honest, even Kitty preferred the shadows. They made her feel comfortable and safe in natural way but she knew she couldn’t live in them. Life was about the sunlight on your skin and the pain it brings not hiding in the shadows.

The look Wanda gave Kitty was uncomfortable. She felt the hair stand up on her neck and warning rush through her body. Kitty wrapped her hands around her mug. The heat was noticeable but it gave a grounding power. There would be no rushed exist. There was no need. There was only one question that didn’t need to be answered today: Did Wanda’s powers affect hers? Kitty did not want to answer it foolishly. The predator smiled at her spoke with ease. “That is if your powers negatively affect my own. That answer remains unanswered. I really don’t think you want to test that theory,” Kitty answered. She gave her own smile and tapped the table lightly. Two could play at this game.

“Bidding your time over me? What do I have that you father’s zombie’s done possess,” she asked with a teasing smile. “Alliance with his daughter? His daughter that could teach me a lot?” Wanda was smart and Kitty was hungry for knowledge. The idea of being locked in the Morlock tunnels made her ill at ease now. With the lack of formula education where would that leave Kitty in the future if this mess resolved itself? Then again, Wanda was sexy; she knew how to flaunt it without being boorish like most women.

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Aug 13 2014, 09:20 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

Lifting the mug of coffee, Wanda hid her pleased expression behind a sip. It wasn't that she enjoyed making the younger girl uncomfortable, at least not anymore, but a part of her didn't like the idea of letting anyone get too comfortable with her. The fact almost always led to a death sentence or something worse, something longer-lasting with the potential for getting involved with her family who might qualify as worse than death. Especially her father and his warped sense of entitlement and mutant superiority. Those facts alone had been enough to nearly drive her insane.

"Tell yourself whatever you need to, honey," she said, sugared acid dripping off the endearment. It was still a gamble on her part, though she had to admit part of her was almost impressed with the fact Kitty hadn't backed down yet or run in fear. Perhaps the X-Men weren't a complete loss after all. At least the one in front of her. "And why not? I don't really have anything to lose, and everyone stares as if I'm some kind of three-headed hydra determined to devour their souls so why not prove them all right?" A smile accompanied the words as she finished off the last couple bites of her cinnamon roll.

Pushing herself up from the table, she abandoned the coffee mug and retrieved another cinnamon roll. It was less hesitant than before as she returned to her seat, listening to the younger mutant carry on. A small laugh escaped at the mention of her father's zombies since what better term was there to describe them? Her father would have been displeased with such a simple description of his people, preferring to think of them as super soldiers or something equally ludicrous.

Wanda's head tilted curiously to the side as she began tearing chunks off the new pastry. "Exactly what do you think I could teach you?" Her words were curious, even genuinely interested, though her attention alternated between Kitty and the sticky roll. A couple more bites were eaten before she continued, "You really don't want to learn the kind of games mutants play where I used to be. It eats away at parts of you that you never knew could be lost." An almost wistful note clung to the words, hands coming to an abrupt stop in their shredding. A nearby napkin was used to wipe them off before she tucked them into her pockets, appetite suddenly gone. "Why would you want to be like me? I'm the last person in the world you should want to be. Hell, a sentinel might be a better option."

pm
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Aug 20 2014, 09:14 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
Honestly, the dark and gloom experience that this was-was fun. It wasn’t toying and baiting like some conversations were like. The dripping venom was hidden. There was mystery and allure to it all. It made it more enjoyable. Wanda was interesting and yes, most people know to befriend the bullies on the playground. It was safer that way. Then there was the fact that Wanda needed a friend. Everyone did look at her like she was going to eat them. “I don’t see a three headed hydra monster,” she told her. It was the truth. Kitty remembered being the new girl in the tunnels. Her human appearance made everyone stare at her like she was some kind of monster. “I used to life in the Morlock Tunnels. Not many people look human or dress like normal people. I used to get stared at a lot,” she answered. Wanda may need to feel understood on some level. Yes, she was a huge player in the war for the other side but didn’t a change of heart mean a second chance?

“What could you teach me? You’re refined, elegant, intelligent and beautiful. I have been locked underground for years. I didn’t get an education. I learned how to fight and how to steal. That was it. I don’t know much of anything expect computers, which come naturally to me. Also, I can trip over thin air and I have the poise of a blade of grass in a hurricane. Plus, you need to let someone in so people see you as you really are and not the three headed hydra,” she explained. Kitty shifted in her seat somewhat nervous at what the outcome of she said would happen. They all needed to bond, it was safer on the battlefield. They needed to learn how to trust each other.

Kitty looked at her, “Anyone can find those pieces with someone to help them and someone that will listen. I might be naïve and young but life is as dark as you want it to be. Open the curtain and let the sunshine in.” Kitty blinked and listened to her words. Wow! She really was down on herself. What did her father make her do? Or someone else for that matter? Kitty did have instincts and gut feelings. “Because we’ve both seen aside of hell we never imagined. I need to learn to be strong beyond a knife in my hand and you need to learn a brighter outlook. Ignore what people see. They refuse to see the real you and that’s the horrible reality. But I don’t refuse to see the real you.”

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Aug 23 2014, 11:35 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

Wanda's eyes widened the tiniest bit at the younger girl's admission about living among the Morlocks. It wouldn't have been something she'd guess, though again, her gaze swept over Kitty as if searching for some more pressing anomaly within her than a mere talent for walking through walls. She came up lacking, though she never stopped listening to the girl's explanation. "I can't imagine you among them," she replied, going back to picking at her cinnamon roll. Her tone was free of confusion or shock, but she did actually seem interested in the conversation's turn. In fact, she was finding herself more and more interested in the young mutant before her.

A hint of smile tugged at her lips as the description of herself was given. It reminded her of another conversation, one that seemed a lifetime ago. Instead of the young, well-meaning mutant beside her, it was an older male who'd sung her praises, presumably to impress her father or gain some alliance to benefit him. Unlike Tarik, she saw no true gain for Kitty by pretending to be interested in her, though a part of her did feel bad over how little the younger girl had learned. Fighting had been a part of her own youth except it had been accompanied by the best education available, a father willing to give her just about anything, and the knowledge of being wanted. None of which had been possible for the younger mutant.

"Fighting and stealing are good skills in our current society," she pointed out, pausing for a drink of coffee. Her words were sincere since those were the skills that kept people alive on the outskirts. "How exactly does one trip over air? I would think something was required, perhaps an invisible pet or shoe." A small hint of a smile curved her lips. "If a hydra can be graceful, surely a cat can be."

It was strange to hear someone else saying words she'd thought but couldn't force herself to believe. Nothing the younger girl said was new nor something she hadn't heard in one capacity or another except . . . it felt different coming from someone who'd obviously dealt with her own struggles. A part of her couldn't imagine the morlocks being like her father yet she had little experience with them personally, though who was she to discredit someone else's struggle? It was the mention of hell and what they both needed to learn that prompted her to speak again.

Pushing aside the plate, she sighed, quietly. "What if I'm not sure who the real me is anymore? I've spent decades becoming this person and in one night . . . I gave her up. I walked away," she admitted, not looking away this time. "As long as I can remember, I've been this person so how do I find who I really am? Do I do some imitation confession with you to purge myself of my sins and magically become someone better? Or is it as simple as wishing? Or do I just believe you that she exists?"

pm
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Sep 4 2014, 10:06 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
No physical mutation meant most people didn’t think she would have come from the sewers. Kitty’s skin was pale but it there was a sun kissed shine from the beach, time spent on the water. “Really,” she mused. The look on Wanda’s face was priceless. A smile crept over Kitty’s face, Wanda was lost and her eyes searched for anything deformity that would be a reason for Kitty to live with the Morlocks. The true reason was under protect, to reveal may put other potential X-Men and her friends in danger. Some secrets has to be kept, even if Wanda was one of them, there was potential for her to fall back into the arms of her father but Kitty was not going to completely worry about it. If Wanda were to stay she had the right to benefit of the doubt but not a complete look the other way.

Kitty licked her lips. She knew her request wasn’t much there was just the craving for education. Computers were natural to her. Everything so perfectly organized and into its neat little folders and systems, it just made sense to her. Computers weren’t difficult and she picked up with them with ease as she was taught and then without hesitation took it to it next level. Kitty needed more in her life where it meant education than just computers. She could read and write on a level that was more towards Jr. High and she didn’t like the idea. There was more that life craved from her and trying to read War and peace was a nightmare. Instead of math and grammar the young girl learn to have a sharp tongue and a more selfish attitude. Her lessons were in survival not in who was 23rd President of the United States.

Eyes looked up at Wanda as she considered the statement, “But if we see society change I won’t have a place. Now I’m seen as a poor girl trying to get by probably beaten in camp and my parents slaughtered by humans. Some mutants have sympathy other don’t when it comes to five finger discount. I’m also here. I’m not in the tunnels. I need to how to mingle with crowds in an educated air than look like a complete idiot.” There was a lot in what she said. Kitty needed to understand the culture around her. In many ways she did and didn’t. She couldn’t go to a museum and talk to a person about a painting or mummy whose coffin was on display. “It’s possible. I’ve done it.” Kitty grinned Wanda made her last comment. A Hydra and Cat could be very graceful. It would be a beautiful as well. Maybe they would make a good team and prove everyone wrong.

“You walked away. You showed your father something Xavier can’t show him and no one else can. That you won’t put up with his games. It would sting harder than anything in this world could. Think, his own daughter said enough and joined the rebel team. How often does that happen? Most people are too scared to tell their parents were to shove it and you told an omega level mutant where to shove it. I think a new Wanda is coming. You just have to let her in.” Kitty brushed back hair and moved it from her lips. Part of her wondered if she herself could be reinvented to the person that she was meant to be. This girl in this skin for how many years felt foreign and finally she was starting to feel comfortable again. “Look, I have to rediscover myself over and over again. I was a Jewish kid, then a Morlock, and then X-Men. I’m half way into my twenties and I have more identities than people in their forties. It when you feel comfortable in your own skin is when you find yourself.”

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Sep 6 2014, 09:17 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

of returning or just running away I am letting myself look the other way and the hardest part in all of this is I don't think I know my way back home Is it worth the journey or do I let my heart settle here? skdgnskdndflhkldsfjg

It wasn't lost on Wanda how much the younger girl enjoyed her surprise. Then again, she'd have felt the same sense of smugness at having revealed such a difficult to guess fact and thrown a near stranger off-guard. However, throwing others off guard had always been a talent of hers whereas Kitty seemed merely amused at having done it which told her it wasn't a frequent occurrence. Perhaps it wasn't ever an occurrence outside of her back story involving the Morlocks, but she merely gave a nod that said she accepted the words at face value.

Rather than looking away from the younger girl's scrutiny, she kept their gazes level and waited. A drink was taken from her coffee as the other mutant began to speak. Her words were only somewhat of a surprise since she knew her father's actions had affected the lives of mutants worldwide, affected them before she'd been much more than a thought so why should Kitty be any different? It didn't even surprise her to hear that true education had fallen to the wayside of more important street smarts, traits that would keep one alive rather than superior. Whoever had taught the girl had probably saved her life yet ruined it in many more ways.

"I don't see an omega mutant when I look at Magneto, Kitty." It was the first time she'd said the other woman's name, though the way her eyes narrowed and her pause said it had just dawned on her. Until now, she'd simply referred to them as the X-men or a singular X-Man or X-Woman or just personal pronouns. "I see my father. A father who gave me everything a child could dream of . . . I have an education most people would envy, have seen almost every part of the world, controlled armies with nothing more than my voice or a flick of my wrist and yet . . . he failed to provide the most fundamental life lessons on basic decency. I wasn't making some grand declaration of support to the downtrodden half of mutants. I just needed out so I ran in the middle of the night. I never even told him I was going." Her hands folded together in front of her as she thought about her cowardly exit. It was still largely assumed she'd made some grand exit when reality was far simpler and less heroic. "I didn't even plan to seek out Xavier except . . . something said there was nowhere else, and I knew, deep down, that it would make Dad furious. It would eat at him everyday, knowing I abandoned him just like Xavier did."

And there was the truth of her action. She was petty, vindictive, and just as willing to hurt family for her own reasons as her father. The only difference between herself and the other members of her family was that she'd developed a conscience along the way.

As much as she'd revealed, Wanda found herself still falling under the spell of Kitty's words. For just a moment, she imagined a possible future for herself where she wasn't just Magneto's daughter. A future where she had her own identity, her own life, and could hold her head high rather than skulking about with hood pulled up and shoulders slumped.

"I haven't been comfortable in years," she admitted, reaching out to snag the mug once more for warmth and an anchor. A moment's hesitation passed before she added, "I want to become comfortable. Not just here, but with myself. I want to be the Scarlet Witch without being Magneto's general or an oppressor of humans, but I can't figure out where to start. Teach me to exist outside of Magneto, and I'll, well, I'll share what knowledge I've gained over the years with you as payment."

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options  Pages: (2) 1 2 

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.