you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Computer Crimes, Leon
Faith Hastings
 Posted: Jul 30 2014, 09:28 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Rider

i don't know where i lost my confidence somewhere between 'are we there yet?' and 'have we been paid yet?' drew lines on a map and made it further then than most did
A woman stood in Upper New York State, near Salem Center. Rumors had the listed at this was close to what was Xavier’s School. Faith sighed. Her computer skills often made it possible for her to be in the field, even though there was a thing such as remote access. Often, there was wonder if the rest of the group wanted her to learn to have more nerve. The events with Jim made caused her training to be harder. What were once softer arms now were more chiseled and sculpted. She can ran further and move swifter. Whatever, she had to prove she was more than just the computer girl and nurse. She needed to be useful in all situations like the rest of them. She got it but she didn’t like it.

Where she stood she could access the internet. She was close enough to houses and other plans. In this park a lone picnic table stood and found herself in comfort as she crossed her legs and sat upon it. Her laptop was on and already working. Blue eyes scanned the screen for information. They just wanted names and information on every mutant that was at the school. Security would be hard to break through and she had to do it fast so there were no real foot prints that lead to her. At least she link with the IP address to the house on her left.

The rush gave her a thrill, out in the open and clear target. Here she sat trying to hack into a school that was a few miles away. The licked her lips and worked hard. Fingers tapped the key board with ease. “Come on. Come on,” she whispered. In. Quickly she found the file and downloaded the name and cut the connection and closed her laptop. Now to run before they could ever find her. She closed her laptop, took out the drive and slide it in an open pocked in her shoe. The thumb just blended in now. Off she went into the streets and into the woods where she came from. No one should be lurking around the trail she took.

tag open
words 300+
credit
  pm   mail
^
Leon Caine
 Posted: Jul 30 2014, 01:14 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Citizen

Leon had been out driving when he got the alert, his phone lit up with lights and such a roar it seemed as if hell itself had tried to escape from the pocket of his old leather jacket. Pulling his 1967 Pontiac GTO off the side of the road and throwing the gear into park, Leon wrestled his cell free and opened the microphone to heated yelling. The Headmistress practically screamed orders at him in a panic, someone had hacked the school's computer network. Leon's blood started bumping faster, the school held names on more then just teachers and students, but faction members, high-ranking civilians, and future candidates for training... they needed that information secure.

Throwing his gear into place Leon's car took off, according to the Headmistress the schools security grid had begun hacking the hacker seconds after it had been breached, she gave Leon a location, along with other instructors from the school. Leon however was the closest, meaning he ha the best chance to catch the culprit. His car ate up road and he was there in minutes, to were the hack had begun, he parked near the edge of the house in question. Children played out side on the front lawn, stepping out from his car however Leon turned around and moved up the hill opposite to a single park bench. The schools systems were some off the best in the world, they knew the hackers IP address, they also know the hack had been conducted on a terminal outside the addresses standard net work.

In truth Leon took a lot on faith as he final hung up his phone on the headmistress, Leon could barely figure computers out beyond internet searches and music downloads. What Leon was gifted at was tactical analysis and tracking, it was easy for Leon to figure the house was meant to by time being searched so he simply ignored it. As for tracking... Leon found footprints in under a minute, it helped that this bench didn't seem to get much foot traffic. The was a bustle of evidence at the beginning, like the hacker had to tie there shoe before running off, but they did do just that, run off. They ran fast and heavy, no attempt to disguise there tracks.

Leon followed the trailer to the street, where he lost it, luck was with him however as he crossed the pavement and checked the grass on the other side, his prey had ran off into the woods. When he first came to the area Leon had been forced to learn the layout of everything, and if memory served there was a trail deeper into the tree's. Dashing off Leon gave chase, following footsteps at first, but then simply following the trail as it developed more, the hacker would be up to ten minutes ahead of him, but Leon guessed he held the advantage, the criminal would count on having escaped without being hunted likely pause to take a breath after the first twenty minutes or so. Leon however knew he could run without a break for at least a hour, he simply had to keep moving.

Sweat was starting to streak down his brow about twenty five minutes later, but Leon's guess had been right, he saw a streak of blond hair in the distance, the hackers equipment had weighted her down enough for Leon to close the gap. Pulling a nail from his pocket as he ran Leon took aim and used his power to push the normally harmless object, the nail soared through the air and blasted into a tree several feet beyond the woman before him. The trunk splintered from the impact sending leaves and small branches tumbling before toppling the whole tree over the other way with a series of loud cracks. "HOLD SILL OR I'LL SHOOT AGAIN!" Leon yelled as he tried to sprint the remaining distance.
  pm
^
Faith Hastings
 Posted: Jul 31 2014, 11:08 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Rider

i don't know where i lost my confidence somewhere between 'are we there yet?' and 'have we been paid yet?' drew lines on a map and made it further then than most did
A water bottle and cool laptop wouldn’t cool her weigh her down. The needed to get out of the area was where she messed up. She had a few others things with her clothing, things to freshen up, and a map with highlighted routes to Florida. One was carefully folded in her hands. She opted for no weapon. If caught it would give her away as a Rider. A simple human who was looking as if she was on the run made appear innocent as she possibly could be. The path into the woods made her happy. The concepts of freedom and serenity were often in them and every care melted away until she was assaulted by a voice and what could have been a sniper shot.

A gasp left her lips as splinters sprayed out of trees, fingers uncurled around the map as she felt shock riddled through her body. Fear surged through her. This couldn’t be about her hacking files. She was quick about unless they do have a technopath. Shit. On a dime Faith spun around to get a good look at her attacker. Who the hell? Shit a mutant. No weapons which, meant he could be some sort of powerhouse. Great this was the last thing they needed. Faith raised her pale hands up and looked at the kid in the face. He looked too young to be a soldier. Her body tensed and she could heart beat in her chest. This was not a good situation. Why did they let her do these things alone?

“What the hell,” she spat. Her lip trembled a little in fear. She needed to make sure that bodily movements were not a confession of guilt. This was not a good position to be in. She really needed to get going if she was going to be able to hike as far as she had to get pick up point. Why did trouble seem to follow her on missions? It lies in wait to devour her. “What do you need,” she asked. Will this man be civil? She didn’t know. He already shot something at in general direction. “I didn’t see a trespassing sign. I’m sorry. I’ll find another route.”

tag open
words 300+
credit
  pm   mail
^
Leon Caine
 Posted: Aug 1 2014, 11:09 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Citizen

Leon wasn't sure what he had expected as he ran the rest of the gap between himself and the expected hacker, but a apparently unarmed woman who instantly raised her hands in surrender weren't exactly high up on Leon's list of ways he expected this situation to go down. Stopping a few feet from the woman, Leon's chest heaved as he sucked in air, he wasn't near his limit yet, but he had run fast to catch up, and this woman had been farther ahead of him then he had guessed she would have been. She stared right at him as Leon gathered his breath, it gave him time to look her over as well, she was cute... beyond that however Leon saw nothing out of the ordinary, she was dressed as a hiker, well and lightly covered in splinters and fallen leaves.

However she also carried a bag that looked the right size to carry a laptop. Leon wasn't sure how often hikers needed a computer, but he knew he had never brought one with him into the mountains for some leisure time. She snapped at him, briefly though, likely from fear do to the exploded tree, Leon let it slide as he decided what to do. As much as Leon didn't like humans he saw no reason to be abusive, however if this was the hacker Leon didn't wish to appear weak before a enemy. She apologized, trying to get away from him, she actually did seem scared and confused... Leon hated spies, a soldier would have made it easy and tried to kill him. "No! No, wait please... there has been a emergency and I am going to have to ask you to stay with me and answer a few questions."

Leon was trying to be polite, it was clear however that he also wasn't leaving this woman any options. After all Leon needed to see if she had a laptop, bring it back to the school so the Headmistress's pet technopath could scrub it clean. It also occurred to him that Leon would have to search the woman for flash drives, also if she was the hacker she would probably be put to death. Looking into the woman's blue eyes Leon realized that last thought unsettled him for some reason, maybe it was because she didn't look like a traditional soldier. "Ma'am, please its just a few questions. My name is Professor Caine. I'm going to need to see what's in your bag."
  pm
^
Faith Hastings
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 07:21 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Rider

Honesty aside, she hated being covered in the leaves and splinters. The act of brushing them off had been off the table with his threats of more attacks. Really? How did she get caught? She played her cards right. By now the laptop would be cold. The excuse was simple, she wanted to go Florida. Faith looked at the man with disbelief, an emergency. “I had nothing to do with your emergency. I just want out of this damn country and to my sister,” she snapped. Words pained her. ‘Damn Country’ was something her father taught her was the equivalent of saying the Lord’s name in vain. It was sin against the country but her actions were for the country. Even if she wasn’t sure of her place in this war her heart was with her country. There was his answer to the damn question he would ask. Everyone watched cop shows.

Faith brushed a hair away from her face, “Than ask me. I don’t have all day.” Faith felt an old vigor that she had not felt in so many years. There was a sensation of power that flowed through her veins, the power that she felt in the Netherlands so many years ago. “Why do you need to search me? I’m traveling. My sister is dying in Florida and trying to get on a bus and go down is a lot harder than walking. I don’t have time for mutant problems,” she snapped. That fear was flipping into courage and regret that her any of her siblings were not a live in Florida and she would give her life to see them alive again.

This had been taking too long for comfort. Faith made sure her she kept eye contact when telling the lies. “I have to go. I hope you find what you are looking for,” she said as smoothly as possible. She squared her shoulders but her gut still felt tight. Faith knew she had to leave soon. Hopefully he didn’t get the bright idea to follow her. The good thing was she was traveling a direct route to the coast so she had that on her side. She lifted her foot to step on her map to ensure it blow away as stared into his eyes.

tag open
words 300+
credit
  pm   mail
^
Leon Caine
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 11:20 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Citizen

Leon could only raise his eyebrows in disbelief as the human woman lashed her tongue at him, as if she seemed to think that simply being 'fed up' with her lot in life was reason enough for her to insult her betters and exit a criminal investigation. These where actions that humans couldn't even get away with human police officers back before the war. Shock at the event was quickly replaced however with anger, Leon wasn't high on any human supporting fan lists to begin with and being sassed wasn't helping this woman's cause. "So you just admitted to trying to run away from a mutant controlled city during a time of war so you could what? Walk the 1400 miles from state to state in hopes of maybe seeing your dying sister. And you admit this to a ranking mutant official?" Leon let the absurdity of the statement hang in the air between them for a moment so that the human woman could hear just how crazy her story sounded.

There was also the fact that Leon could kill a human for fleeing one of Magneto's cities under circumstances far less serious then what was happening right this moment and no one in authority would even care. That scenario took place within the city limits, out here in the forest there was practically nothing Leon couldn't do. "I may have needed to search you for a laptop, maybe confiscate any flash drives you had just in case. Now I'm going to search you because you are the most suspicious human I have ever met." Leon said as he step up to the woman, his anger had pushed aside Leon's normally polite nature. He was in the right here and Leon moved to control what was happening between them before one of them got hurt...

She claimed it was time for her to leave, Leon wasn't going to let that happen, even if she could give him the slip Leon would just follow her, clearly his tracking skills could find her, they had already found her once. Leon ignored the fact that he had help and luck the first time. The human held Leon's eyes at all times, and he held her's until she shifted her weight, Leon looked down to see the scrap of map clenched between her foot and the dirt. "If your just B lining it to Florida, you won't mind me looking at your map real quick would you?" Leon asked, he made no move for the map however, he was more intent on the blond, whether she would run, lie, or attack him. [i]"She looks like a runner to me, especially since I don't believe the lies she has been feeding me in the first place." he thought to himself. "I'm only asking one last time, just show me what you have." Leon reached his hand back into his pocket, he held several items he could shoot if the situation arose.
  pm
^
Faith Hastings
 Posted: Aug 7 2014, 10:24 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Rider

If anger couldn’t save her now she didn’t know what to do. Faith knew she was too soft Annalise but she turned out to be one of the good mutants. Maybe if she could patch a call to her cellphone she could claim something for her. She breathed out trying to calm herself. “And every minute you stand here bitching at me is another minute wasted trying to get to her. I’m a nurse. Here’s my fucking license,” she growled. Without hesitation, only showing complete agitation with the man she tossed her nursing ID at him. She was going to school to be doctor. He didn’t really need to know her education was bought and won by the United States Marines. “Good enough for you. And all you find is a laptop. Have you seen the outrageous price for flash drives? I couldn’t afford one on what scraps you pay us with.”

Faith placed her bag down. He’d find nothing but a thin blanket, water, a few granola bars and change of clothing with the laptop. The drive? He’d never find it. The memory was wiped clean. “Yeah, I’m stupid enough to say it. If there is a will there is away. Walking is faster than being bumped off buses for weeks so that people like you can have seat,” she said her voice cracking. To the character she played these minutes were critical to her. “So, yes I’ll walk 1,400 miles to see my sister and bury her,” she spat. This just proved mutants had no heart to her. Very few did try to show compassion but were scared to do so. This guy was a lone with her with her and he was too deep in the bullshit of war that he couldn’t see her for who she wasn’t. He only thought he saw right through her.

She picked up the map and handed it to him. It had a route to Florida mapped out. A simple route that took her from Upstate down to the Florida, the beaches would prove to be dangerous due to weather conditions, beach conditions, and sunbathing mutants. To come through the mountains on an angle towards Florida was the safest way. Her map didn’t even cross Richland. “Good enough. Can I go now? While I can still say goodbye?”

tag open
words 300+
credit
  pm   mail
^
Leon Caine
 Posted: Aug 9 2014, 01:13 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Citizen

The woman's I.D. hit him in the chest, however Leon was fast enough to catch the card before it began to drop. He got a name off the I.D. one Faith Hastings, and it clearly proclaimed her to be a nurse beyond that however Leon didn't exactly get much info from her I.D. Leon wasn't a cop or a bouncer after all, he pretty much had to take identification as it was presented. Leon ignored her comments as she placed down her bag for him to search, which he did quickly finding very little. So little in fact that this woman's story made even less sense, she was either lying through her teeth, or so distraught about her sister that she couldn't even pack enough to survive. Even as Leon checked the laptop for hidden drives or disks he realized that Faith would likely die trying to travel to Florida like this, if not from mutant gangs, (Some of which lived for finding fleeing or alone humans) then simple from the elements. After all walking from New York to Florida had been recorded at around sixty days of travel, Faith didn't even have enough food and water for two.

Faith shoved her map at him, which Leon took and looked over, unlike computers maps were something he could do. Although her trail looked scattered and simple, which was probably best to avoid mutant and security heavy locations, it also held no information of value to him. When he was done looking everything over Leon let out a large sigh, today was simply not going his way... It occurred to him that Leon had three options, detain Faith without evidence, which would mean imprisonment for fleeing a mutant city without travel papers. Strip search her for more evidence, something which Leon could promise would not go over well and could still find him nothing, or just let her go. None of these answers sounded like a good plan as they filtered through his thoughts. Returning Faith's stuff to her, I.D. included Leon tried not to stare as the strip search idea came back to him for a moment.

"Look... I'm sorry, for what has happened to you and your sister. Faith, why don't you let me help you. You won't make the walk too Florida." Leon said having a sudden idea, it would buy him time and possibly help this woman if she truly was who she claimed. "If your not the criminal I'm after then they are long gone at this point anyways. Why don't you let me drive you to the Georgia/Florida boarder, as a means to make amends, I can get you there in twenty hours or so. It's better then walking for two months while your sister passes away." Leon asked, it was a fool question only the most desperate human would say yes to such a proposal which is why Leon hoped she said yes, it would help prove to him she was telling the truth. If she said no then Leon would be forced to follow her, find out where she was heading from the shadows, and if she met up with people Leon would be forced to snipe them all down and detain her anyways. The violent thought made Leon sigh again... it wasn't a very good day.
  pm
^
Faith Hastings
 Posted: Aug 13 2014, 09:20 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Rider

This guy had to hurry up and move if she was going to find her way back to Richland, but he didn’t need to know that. Florida was safe even if she had to go there. It would be easy to get a message out to her people. Her eyes narrowed on the male that had been holding her up for minutes. In an attempt to burn angry energy, she rocked on her heels. Time was ticking away and she needed to get going. Facial features didn’t completely tell her what he was thinking or feeling but as a nurse she had a little more time learning how to the faces of patients. Whatever he was thinking it didn’t look good. Was there a hint of pity? Faith couldn’t tell. There were too many mixed emotions passing through a face that was trying to stay hard.

She didn’t care what this guy was thinking as long as he wasn’t picturing her naked. Men have some nerve about that that thought process. He probably didn’t like that she was pissed beyond all belief. Really how does figure that she might be the person because she is hiking a trail? It made no sense what-so-ever and she had to make it seem like she didn’t care about the bullshit in the school. People went there to learn how to kill. That was horrible thing to have working around them. She reached forward and took her gear when it was handed back to her but he wasn’t about to let her out of his sight. This was going to be a pain in the ass.

Faith blinked at his response. He’d drive her? Questions filled her. What did that entail? Did he plan on hurting her or taking her elsewhere? “What promise do I have that you won’t hurt me or take me to some prison,” she demanded. Faith knew it wasn’t a completely hollow gesture but she had to put her foot down and firmly place the fact that she didn’t trust him. He was a mutant after all and she was spy that was actually doing well to get off her crime. There needed to be reassurance that she won’t be hurt. Faith can call to the base from Florida. It could make things easier and faster. They weren’t ready to hear from for a few days.

tag open
words 300+
credit
  pm   mail
^
Leon Caine
 Posted: Aug 15 2014, 11:26 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Citizen

Faith was rocking back and forth on her heels, nervous energy? That was Leon's guess, after all no matter who she was or was claiming to be she was in a dangerous situation, unarmed and against a mutant with a highly violent power set... it must be enough to keep any human on edge. Faith was simply to hard for Leon to read, although her look of distrust and anger didn't suit her face well, he figured she normally didn't act like this, maybe if Leon had simply pretended to be a jogger then this whole situation could have gone easier. That was just another thing Leon had screwed up though, nothing to be done about it now... at least he had decided against trying to strip search her, at least she didn't think he was a total pervert.

If only the tracks hadn't lead Leon here to her, if only she had been armed or a larger group of humans or even a mutant like a X-man would have been preferable. A simple life and death fight was less stressful then this. But that wasn't the way it was, Leon had followed tracks from the location he had been given by a highly advanced computer and mutant technopaths housed at the school, so unless a teleporter had done a amazing job at baiting Leon out he knew Faith was the criminal, he simply had to trick her into revealing it... simple except the woman was smart and playing this out very well. Unless of course she was innocent.

Leon's request to drive her however was seeming to have the desired effect, at least she hadn't shouted a out right no in his face. "Truth is I guess you can't trust me, just like I can't trust you. I could have killed or hurt you already however... I mean out here in the woods what exactly is stopping me?" Leon said looking around as if searching for imaginary witnesses. A look of disgust came to Leon however at the mention of prison, "I would rather die the go to any prison after what your people did to me." he added more somberly, a statement so true that there was no doubt Leon meant ever word. Even a mutant controlled prison was out of the question for him... if Leon entered a prison then the building was coming down. "Miss the fact is if you want to get there fast then I'm your best bet." Leon knew it sounded like a excuse, but that's because it was, he needed more time to learn who this woman was.
  pm
^
Faith Hastings
 Posted: Aug 20 2014, 07:22 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Rider

Faith didn’t trust him but the fact he would more than likely follow her meant her contacts were in danger. This was part she hated. The part where she would have to pick the better outcome was near. There was no way that could endanger them. It was not a major decision to make. One life saved didn’t add up to the many that may die. Carefully, Faith looked him over. She tried to rationalize that he wouldn’t her hurt but that dumb line created swell of more anger. “You people? What is that supposed to mean,” she snapped. “I never worked on mutants the way some people worked on mutants. I too busy healing people to give a game about some foolish notion of who is the better race. Mutants have not matured against petty bullshit that being fought in Middle East. You are no better than humans. Don’t even try to fight the fact. Wow, you have powers. I have medicine, a natural ability to heal and desire to heal. You… you took a shot at me. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror, sweet heart. A gene is different but I can still have your baby. That doesn’t make you too much different than me.”

Her eyes narrowed and considered what had been actual logic. There were no guarantees. He could still hurt her and she was unarmed. Well, the backpack could be used as a weapon if needed. She bit her lip as she considered his offer. He was right she would get there faster. Yet, if he was going to be all pouty ‘I hate humans’ it’s going to be a miserable twenty four hours in a car with him. Unless she ran off if he stopped to rest. Faith was aware that some mutants need little to no sleep. It didn’t appear to be nocturnal either. This could be used to her advantage. “Fine, I’ll go with you. A few conditions, hate bullshit stops here and now. You keep your grubby little hands off or I’ll knock you out with pressure points. Deal,” she put her hand out. If they were going to be in a car for twenty four hours the hate bull shit stops now or it will be unbearable.

tag open
words 300+
credit
  pm   mail
^
Leon Caine
 Posted: Aug 23 2014, 04:44 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Citizen

Leon rolled his eye's as Faith went off on another tangent about how he was no better then her and how mutants hadn't evolved to anything beyond petty hate bickering. Leon did have a hate of humans, but he wasn't evil and for once he let the woman play out her tantrum. Not because he agreed, but truth was he was the aggressor in their situation. The teacher nearly laughed as her argument turned to babies for the briefest of moments, after just a few minutes after meeting Faith Leon knew that THAT was never ever going to happen between them. Not that it was a offer, she was just trying to strike a nerve to piss him off. After Faith's outburst ran its course however the human did surprise him by agreeing to travel with him, she laid down some ground rules and struck out her hand, after all a deal could only be sealed with a handshake.

Leon reached out and took her hand in his, giving her a solid shake, but nothing that could be considered painful or aggressive, he couldn't contain a grin as his next thought came to mind. "Deal, hands off when you get cold tonight." Leon said letting go and turning his back on her, although he waited to see if she would follow him. "My car is back this way, and man I'm glad you have a sister. It means I'm not the only person to see how bitchy you get when your angry." Leon added as they made their way back up the trail. As they walk Leon worked to formulate a plan, his best option would be to put them both in danger and see if Faith was who she claimed to be. That or arm her and let her try to take him out... that would work too, except they would have to be in a very bad situation for Leon to arm a human and not have it look suspicious.

"You know we aren't all evil or think we are superior, my father was human." Leon said after a few minutes of walking, more just to break the silence then anything else. "Maybe it's because I know how the same we are that I didn't trust you at first." That and because I followed your tracks right to you, Leon thought but didn't say, it would only lead to another fight. Hoping to avoid a fight Leon suddenly realized what he had just said could be taken badly, so he rushed into his next sentence. "Look forget that, what did your sister do before she got sick?"
  pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options  Pages: (3) 1 2 3 

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.