character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
there's a god above, but all i ever learned from love was how to shoot someone who outdrew you.
A simple orange and green plaid blanket had been wrapped around Kitty Pryde's shoulders. There were eyes watching her and cellphone in her hand. It was beautiful evening and the Fall Festival was in full swing. A billion stars were out to night, a raging bonfire to them warm and apple cider by the gallons. Apple cider will have them all sick by the end of the night if they kept drinking the way they were. Oh dear what tragedy! Kitty wrapped her hands around the mug only to let the scent of warm cinnamon and apples wash over and relax her. It was the perfect evening. Mixing in with people who didn’t know she was enemy. What was the old proverb? Keep your friends close but your enemy closer? Kitty was beginning to be a master at the game. It hurt to think she was using Leon in the same manner but it had to be done.

Crackle! Pop! The fire seemed to agree with her internal thoughts and feelings. There was no one that would understand how she felt and why she felt it. Was she an outcast to her own? Hell if she knew. She knew she fit in better with the X-Men than with the Morlocks. The idea of a shower was a big deal for her, so were fresh foods and sun. The world had changed from she really last got to explore it. Maybe it was her but she needed to have back. She wanted was stolen back. There was a need to feel butterflies in her stomach and crush on boys, to run late for class and envy the popular girls. Those things were sorta happening but not by high school standards. Those days were missed.

Kitty looked that the fire and wondered what life would have been like if it wasn’t for this stupid war. Would it have been better? Or would it have been worse. She’ll never know. String theory is just what is it… string theory…

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 11:13 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Acolytes

WHEN DARKNESS COMES
I'LL LIGHT THE NIGHT WITH STARS
Piotr moved at the edge of the festival, a silent observer. He was not here for pleasure's sake. Not, he was assigned to this festival. He was security. He was, as always, to keep an eye out for those that were not supposed to be there. For being such a large man, standing at 6'6" in stocking feet, he wasn't very noticeable. He didn't draw attention to himself. He was neither moving too fast nor moving too slow. His movements were sure, but he didn't particularly look as if he had a purpose for what he was doing. To the untrained eye, he was just another sightseer... just another attendee of the Festival.

But he wasn't.

He knew that he wasn't the only eye looking out here, but this was his sector. For the sake of order, he and the others that were here under Magneto's orders did not stray into one another's sectors. But he knew that the Master of Magnetism had spies everywhere. There was no relaxing for the big Russian.. not tonight.

He wore a t-shirt and brown leather jacket against the night's mild chill, paired with sneakers. His hair was left as it always was, close-cropped and so dark a brown it almost looked black. His expression was neutral and stoic, his deep-set blue eyes having a wary light to them despite the relaxed posture of his muscled body. His hands were shoved into his pockets.

All was well. that is, until he noticed it. A man snatched a purse from a woman and took off running even as the woman cried out indignantly. The man ran, and Piotr's expression hardened. People started talking louder, crying out and stepping away from him as he passed. Oh so helpful. Piotr clenched his fists. He didn't need to steel up for this one.. not yet. "Stop!" he yelled at the man, who took one look at the big Russian after him and ran faster.... right into an unsuspecting young woman.

He barrelled into her (if she weren't too fast to dodge it, that is, or if she didn't use her mutation instinctively) and fell, cursing as he did. Without so much as an apology to Kitty, he scrambled to his feet again and took off...

Right into Piotr Rasputin's fist. He punched the man across the jaw, and he thought he felt something give. Maybe he broke a bone.. or a tooth. Either way, the man cried out in pain as he hit the ground, and Piotr leaned down to grab him and pull him upward by his shirt. He was still, knocked out cold. He tapped a button on his ear. "Meet me at the edge of my perimeter. I have a thief on my hands. His accent was clear to any that were not deaf, and he walked off without another word.

Perhaps five minutes later, if that, Piotr returned. He went first to the woman whose purse was taken and handed it to her, shrugging off her thanks. Next, he went to the young woman. "Are you all right, miss?" Again his accent sounded, it making his English words almost sound uncertain and stumbling, even though he was fluent in the language by now.

TAG: KITTY | WORDS: YES | NOTES: YAY!
  pm
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 10:17 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
there's a god above, but all i ever learned from love was how to shoot someone who outdrew you.
Eyes watched, yes she was aware that people kept people safe from people like her. So many people she wished that they were truly safe with the promise that fall gave. They think because Magneto won that summer would promise them renewing life. In fact it wouldn’t. It would create hate even deeper than before. This new year of sorts would forever because to bitterness. Magneto’s rule was only a hiccup in the grand design of things, even Kitty knew that and she only a girl who would help that happen.

She breathed out and looked at the stars. There was still wonder if her parents were staring at them too. All hope was placed on a sliver of hope that they got to Florida. It was the only thing that she could hope for. Kitty sighed and looked back down at her cup. She played with her cinnamon stick before feeling the momentum of a body strike her. As a reaction she held her breath but didn’t manage to save herself from sticky apple cider and probably a bruise. Too lost in thought, it was dangerous to forget yourself in a place where you were the enemy.

There was a shout but she ignored it. There was more on her mind. The fire took her attentions off what was happening around her. She hardly the knew the tall stoic man was even closer to her or the purse thief ran past her. The mind was elsewhere. The pain hit her hard and woke her up. “Oww,” she hissed. What the hell happened but she felt her body fall from the log she had been sitting on.

Kitty didn’t fall but she steadied herself with a hand on the ground. She pushed up and looked to see what was going on. She missed it but a tall, dark, and handsome man stood over her. “Yeah,” she answered still a little shocked, “Just a little damp.” She gestured to her spilled apple cider that caused her clothing to get wet. “What happened? Are you ok? I can’t be a soft to run into,” she asked. Dreamy Russian accent on top of it! How did she get so lucky? Think of Leon. You have lot of work to do there and who knows who this guy works for.

Kitty bit her lip and straightened up. What the hell? Why would this night turn bad? Or could it turn into something perfect?

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: Oct 5 2014, 01:51 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Acolytes

WHEN DARKNESS COMES
As soon as Piotr found himself face to face with the young woman who had been knocked aside by the purse snatcher, he had to admit that he had blinked a few times, trying not to look as though he were staring.

The big Russian had seen some beautiful women in his life. In fact, he'd even dated a few of them. He'd never thought of himself as a good-looking man, even though a few had told him to the contrary. He saw himself as painstakingly ordinary other than his height and bulk. But part of that, of course, came from his mutation. But this girl.. there was something about her. Truly, she should have paled in comparison to some of the women he'd known, but somehow she out-shined them all. He looked at her, blinking again. He had to force himself to formulate audible words. But luckily he was indeed able to do so.

"A man stole a purse from a woman here at the festival and was running from those pursuing him. We caught him and returned the purse. I am glad to see that you are not hurt," he replied simply. "That man, however, will not be seeing freedom for a while. Stealing is, after all, still a crime." He paused, smiling wryly. "Despite the changes in the government lately." He offered her a hand to help her to her feet.

Once she was on her feet once more, he found himself smiling shyly. "I am Piotr Rasputin. Some in America call me 'Peter,' though, as it is easier for them to pronounce." He held out a hand for her to shake, blue eyes brighter than they'd been initially.

pm
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 04:41 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
Don’t stare. God, he’s cute. Wait what about Leon? Leon is not here and nothing is set in stone. They only just met. What the hell is wrong with her? Kitty wanted to shake out the cobwebs in her head but Piotr was causing a striking lack of ability to concentrate on her behalf. His accent was refreshing since it was from another place and seemingly another time. Kitty barely stopped staring at him in the eyes as he spoke about happened. “A little winded but nothing horrible,” she smiled.

She took his hand and allowed him to help her up. His skin was rough, the hands of a man that knew how to work and not the working at a local store. The real kind of working, the real putting your back into it, kind of work, Kitty could tell he was different. He had something in him that most people didn’t. What it was, she couldn’t put her finger on it. Kitty did notice that he kept trying not stare at her mind translated it to: “crap I probably look as sticky as I feel. I’m probably a mess and the guy can’t get over how crappy I look.”

Leon was coming and she couldn’t give this man another name. “I’m Izzy Smith,” she answered back. “I think I like Piotr better. It has more character.” Ok, she was flirting a little bit but who could blame her? Leon wasn’t here and he wasn’t her boyfriend, just a boy she kissed. Both were amazingly handsome though. She got to get her head out of the clouds and come back to reality. Why didn’t men appear like this when she was younger? Oh right? The whole Morlock thing didn’t help. Even with the whole funky war thing, the surface world was looking better and better.

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: Oct 15 2014, 12:00 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Acolytes

WHEN DARKNESS COMES
Piotr noticed that she was staring, but he figured that it was because of his height. He got that reaction a lot from people in regards to how huge he was. After all, how many men walked around with a height of 6'6" with the toned muscle of an athlete or a body builder? But despite his build, before the war he had been a big teddy bear, preferring not to fight unless he absolutely had to. The war, though.. the debt that he owed to Magneto... it had changed things. It had admittedly changed more than he cared to think about.

Her smile dazzled him. It was the sort that was infectious, to the point where he had to smile back... not just a plastered-on smile, but a genuine one. He couldn't remember the last time that he had really smiled. In a way, it felt like he was working muscles he hadn't worked in a while. Thus was the life of an acolyte of a dictator. He thought it irony that he'd come from Russia, who was known for one of the most infamous dictators of all time... and he'd fallen into a life in America, which had formerly the land of the free and home of the brave..for all peoples. Not it was the land of the free for mutants alone, whilst humans were the ones who suffered. It grated against his morality, but then again... he did what he had to to survive.. for his beloved sister to survive.

He didn't even consider her to be lying, instead smiling as she said her name. "Well, it is nice to meet you, Miss Izzy." He shook her hand, holding it a breath longer than he should have before he released it. His cheeks grew pink in a mild blush that was barely visible against his tanned skin as she flirted with him. Nevertheless, he smiled as he flirted back. "What is such a woman as you doing here alone? Or are you alone?" He glanced around him as if expecting to see some guy nearby with a neon sign identifying him as 'Izzy's' boyfriend.

pm
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Oct 18 2014, 09:23 AM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
X-Men

maybe
She knew it was not polite to stare at the pretty boy standing next to her but she couldn’t help it. He was far too pretty. Was this bad? Kitty found herself lost in the mist of this moment. He was tall and all honestly, she had never seen a man that tall before. He was strong and visibly powerful. That didn’t matter, there was something misplaced in his eyes almost like he didn’t belong. Was it a gentleness that was more inherent then most people? Kitty had always heard that giants were gentle. Was he gentle? Was he more than just an agent of Magneto? There was no way to be sure and if Kitty brought home the idea of another stray man she would be up a creek. Leon was already causing problems in the ranks of the X-Men. Scott and Jean were very wary of her plans.

Now there were two boys. Was this natural? Was it okay to like two boys at the same time? These were high school questions. Kitty didn’t go to high school so the experience was well delayed. Was this really ok? Jan would probably say no but even they didn’t know there was a romantic element with Leon. She actually liked him. The idea of using him was cruel but she had to do what she had to do to get peace between humans and mutants.

“Right now I’m alone. I’m meeting a friend here later,” she put her cup down and looked at him. “And I take it you are working. I don’t want you to get in trouble for talking to me,” she told him. Maybe she just wanted to sit be the fire and chat him up like crazy. That accent, those bright blue eyes,… need she say more! There was something more about him that even Leon didn’t have but she had to go through with Leon there was no going back. She had to get those files. Maybe there was one on Piotr. “Are you going to get introuble? Or should I pretend to be really upset about being run over.”

notes | words | tag |
  pm   mail
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: Oct 27 2014, 05:26 PM
application
shipper
tracker
other
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
member group
post count
Acolytes

WHEN DARKNESS COMES
There was a thoughtful look in her eyes, as if she were trying to get a read on him. His smile became a little bitter and haunted as he met her gaze, then he tore it away from hers. He was interested in her, that was for certain. Not that he even had a chance with a girl like her... but he could dream. But unfortunately, dreaming was all that he could do at the moment. Unlike most, he couldn't get attached to anyone else. It wasn't that Magneto wouldn't allow it.. no, that wasn't it at all. He believed that Magneto would encourage him to 'vent his frustrations' on another person... though being a natural romantic, he didn't like that viewpoint. But in good conscience, Piotr couldn't possibly get attached to someone... to let Magneto know that he was attached to someone else. The more people that he loved, the more people that their fearless leader could use to control him. It was safer to just not get attached.

But there was something about this girl... something that made him wish that he could, that he had the freedom to fall for someone. There was an innocence to her, despite the world that they lived in. That... it was refreshing to him.

So he had to force himself to withdraw himself emotionally for a moment. He chided himself for flirting, especially as she she said she was meeting a friend there later. Knowing his luck, it would be a boyfriend. Something that he needed to remember, especially when he attempted to flirt. Not that he was good at it, but he gave it an effort. He nodded soberly, his expression serious again. But as she insisted that she didn't want to get him in trouble, he shrugged his big shoulders. "I will not get in trouble. I can still keep an eye out." Part of it was pure selfishness, the fact that he wanted to continue talking to this beautiful woman. Despite his reservations, he wanted to get to know her. And so he was torn. Either way, that pained look returned to his eyes as he spoke again. "But I should not. I am not a good person to be friends with, devushka." His use of a Russian word for lady or madame was an automatic thing. So he smiled wryly, straightening to his full height. "I should go." His tone was wistful.

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options  

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.